Aesthetic dentistry is a procedure that has been frequently applied in recent years, aiming to make a person’s smile perfect and to correct the disorders in the teeth.
A beautiful smile helps people to regain their self-confidence and feel better. For this reason, people who think that they have any defect in their teeth want to have more elegant and flawless teeth by applying to aesthetic dentistry.
What are the Objectives of Aesthetic Dentistry?
The purpose of this process;
- Obtaining natural and more elegant looking teeth,
- To reach the ideal color in the person’s tooth color,
- To fix problems in the gums,
- With the application of these substances, it is to achieve a much more beautiful smile.
While aesthetic dentistry makes the appearance of the teeth more beautiful, it also aims to preserve the natural appearance of the teeth.
What Types of Treatments Are Done?
In aesthetic dentistry, procedures such as aesthetic fillings, porcelain laminates, metal-free coating, smile design, gingival aesthetics can be applied according to the condition of the teeth.
What are Aesthetic Fillers?
The filling material used in caries treatments is metal and composite fillings. However, in some cases, porcelain fillings are applied instead of these metal, composite fillings. Porcelain fillings, which are one of the most important processes of dental aesthetics, largely prevent the formation of caries in the teeth.
What is Porcelain Laminas (Leaf Laminas) and How Are They Applied?
Porcelain Lamina is the process of sticking a porcelain layer that can be prepared in the desired size, thin and desired color on the teeth. These veneers, made of 0.7 mm thick, light transmitting porcelain, give the teeth a longer-lasting aesthetic appearance. They are prepared and adhered to the teeth already in your mouth.
While the consumption of tea and coffee after teeth whitening may cause discoloration on the teeth, this is not the case with porcelain laminate teeth. No discoloration occurs on the teeth with the consumption of foods such as tea and coffee. Porcelain laminate teeth that are well and healthy can be used for a long time.
- If the person’s upper teeth are so short that they are not visible while smiling,
- The structure of their teeth, in people whose appearance is unpleasant,
- Correction of crooked and crooked teeth,
- Broken teeth,
- Teeth whitening is a procedure that can be applied only when the desired whiteness cannot be achieved.
What is Metal-Free Coating, How is it Applied?
Because porcelain is a fragile material, porcelains were previously supported by metal materials. However, the presence of a metal in the mouth is a risky situation. The substance used may rust in the future and cause harm to the body. Or a person allergic to metal cannot have porcelain veneer. At the same time, when the metal in the tooth is seen with the eye, it removes the naturalness of the tooth. For all these reasons, metal-free coatings have been created. There are more than one type of metal-free coatings that give the teeth a more natural and more aesthetic appearance. Your dentist will decide which type is right for you.
- Bridge restorations in missing parts of teeth,
- In aesthetic restorations on anterior teeth,
- In implant crown and foam applications,
- It is a procedure applied to people who are allergic to metal.
What are the Advantages of Metal-Free Coatings?
- All-porcelain veneers look more natural than metal-supported porcelains. Metal-supported porcelain can have an artificial appearance.
- It has the features of sticking on the teeth for trial purposes and removing it if it is not liked.
- It is a more suitable form of veneer for the gums.
- It does not put pressure on the gums and does not cause gum discomfort.
- While an artificial whiteness is seen in metal-supported porcelains in different lights, this color change is not observed in metal-supported porcelains.
- Metal-free coatings do not cause allergies.
- It is a coating that can be attached to the tooth more robustly than metal-supported porcelains.
What is Smile Design, How Is It Made?
Deformities and color changes in the teeth of the person can disturb the individual. In these cases, people may want to have a smile design. With this procedure, they can have a very beautiful and different smile than before. After this application, they can have a smile suitable for their facial symmetry.
In Smile Design;
- Face line,
- Lip structure,
- There are criteria such as the order of the teeth.
How is Smile Design Made?
- In order to design a smile, the line in the pupils and the imaginary plane passing through the tip of the teeth must be parallel.
- The midline dividing the face in half and the front two teeth must be symmetrical.
- When the person smiles, it should be proportional to the tips of the front teeth and the curve of the lower lip.
- The upper gingiva, which is visible when smiling, should be proportional to the lip. It should be ensured that the visible gingiva is the same in all teeth.
What is Gum Aesthetics, How Is It Done?
For a pleasant smile, there must be a harmony between the gums and the teeth. The amount of gum that appears when the person smiles is very important for a pleasant smile. The gingival aesthetic application ensures the harmony between this tooth and the gingiva.
Get answers to your questions and advice
Our goal is to answer all your questions in a timely manner.